unfortunately I’m not able to enjoy a proper breakfast every day because of work. During the weekends though, breakfast becomes one of the favorite meals of the day. So today I was looking for something sweet and then I remembered the waffle maker I still haven’t tried; the result was delicious and really easy to make! Try it!
for the waffles
- 140gr. flour
- 1 egg
- 2tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 salt
- 25gr. sugar
- 250ml. milk
- 50ml. sunflower oil
- 1/4 vanilla extract
for the topping
In general you can use whatever combination of jam, fruit, chocolate, ice cream you prefer! In this case I have used framboise jam with kiwis and some sprinkled sugar powder on top!
- Peel the kiwis and cut them in medium pieces into a bowl and set aside for the moment.
- Preheat your waffle device.
- To begin with the waffles mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Separate the egg yolk and whites into different bowls.
- Beat the egg white until they get stiff.
- Add the milk, vanilla extract and oil in the yolk bawl and mix all together.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in smoothly the beaten egg white.
- Prepare the waffles and..
- If you add less sugar in the waffle mixture and skip the vanilla extract then you’ll get a less sweet waffle which you can combine with some Roquefort or other soft cheese such as cottage cheese and enjoy an alternative version of waffles!
- If you don’t want to bake all the waffles at the same time, you can keep it in the fridge up to 2 days!