Even though I was raised with a lot of food variety, it was most of the times centered in Greek cuisine. And because Greek cuisine and ingredients are endless and really tasty it’s hard to go further and look for something completely out of it. Living abroad gave me the chance to encounter in daily basis ingredients that I used to see only in movies! One of the amazing discoveries I made was sweet potato…
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2tsp. smoked sweet paprika in powder
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- tbsp.chopped parsley
- 1/3tsp. black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees C and lay some baking paper into a pan.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into round pieces. If you want to make traditional chips cut them really thin, 1mm. You can cut them also a bit thicker 3-4mm so as to fully enjoy the magnificent taste of the sweet potato. Personally I like the thick ones!
- Put in a cooking plastic bag the paprika, salt, black pepper. Add the sliced potatoes, close the bag well and shake it vigorously so that the spices will go, cover and stick in all the potato chips. If you’re a fan of spicy food go ahead and add some extra paprika.
- Put the potatoes into the baking pan in such a way that they do not overlap.
- Sprinkle the olive oil and the parsley and bake 8’ (for the thin chips) or a bit more for the thick ones. Bake time varies also depending on your oven and how hot it can get.
- Serve right away and …
- You can replace the black pepper with red hot cayenne pepper so that you fully stick with the red presentation!
- Make a fresh dip for theses chip to have some balance! Use fresh tomato juice, some olive oil and salt and you’re ready!