Olive oil is not that commonly used in desserts. It has a vivid taste and strong character but it is the main ingredient in these cookies! Making cookies with olive oil, imagine that! Making cookies is either way fantastic: kneading makes you fueled relaxed, shaping the dough makes you creative and the result makes you happy.. If there are kids around or whoever is around ask them to bake together! Knead together, shape together, play, laugh and have fun!
(for 400gr. cookies)
- 100ml. Greek olive oil Family nostalgia
- 20ml. red dry wine
- 100ml. fresh orange juice
- 430gr. flour
- 100gr. sugar
- 1/3tsp. baking soda
- 1/2tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2tsp. cinnamon
- 4tsp. sesame and 2-3tsp. orange juice for the baking
- Preheat your over at 180 degrees C.
- Put all the liquid ingredients in a big bowl together with the sugar and mix well with your hands.
- Add half of the flour, the baking powder and baking soda and mix.
- Add then the rest of the flour and knead smoothly. The dough must be soft and elastic, not sticky.
- Give the shape you want to your cookies and place them in a pan with baking paper.
- Put some orange juice in the surface of each cookie so that the sesame can stick on the top.
- Bake for 25′ (until they get a nice color) and..
- If you want a more spicy taste add some more cinnamon!
- You can add some sesame also inside the cookies!