It’s about time to talk about fig. Those who know me well might smile right now, because I love figs. During summer all I do is waiting for figs to be ready, keep spotting fig trees here and there saying “Oh here’s another fig tree, yes!” and when ready everyday is fig day! My dad gathers lots of them and dry them for winter time. So right know there is a big jar of figs in my kitchen which I’m afraid will empty soon..
- 200gr. spinach
- 2 spring onions
- 8 dry figs
- 40gr. walnuts
- 4 small barley rusks
for the sauce
- 4 tbsp. olive oil Family nostalgia
- 3/4tsp. tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp. mild French mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 8 tbsp. hot water
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Wash and dry well the spinach leaves and add them in a big bowl.
- Add the dry figs, barley rusks and the walnuts cut in medium pieces.
- Cut the spring onions in thin slices and add them as well.
- In a separate smaller bowl or glass mix all dressing ingredients and stir well.
- Add the dressing into the bowl with the vegetables and make sure that the barley rusks are moist enough to be chewed but not completely wet.
- Mix well and …
- Try some goat cheese or halloumi, it will fit perfectly in this salad!