Pasta hymne: “My beautiful pasta, you delicious and tasty thing, please stand there warm always for me, with these Kalamata olives and garlic patent, who really needs a red sauce in the end?” This is all you can get from my poetry skills. I did write this in seconds though, I guess it’s obvious! Either way, there is no greater thing, than your warm pasta while watching a movie and relaxing.. perfect!
for the pasta
- 400gr. pasta you like
for the sauce (that is no sauce)
- 200gr. Sativa Kalamata olives cut in pieces
- 8tbsp. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves cut in thin slices
- 4tbsp. minced parsley
- black pepper
- 1-2tbsp. grated mizithra cheese or parmesan
- Use a pot and fill it the 2/3 with water. Put it in a strong fire until it starts boiling.
- Add the salt and the pasta and stir well.
- Let the pasta boil for 6′ to 14′ minutes depending on the type of pasta you’re going to use. You should find directions in the package of the pasta.
- In a deep pan warm up the olive oil in medium temperature and add the garlic, parsley and olives. Cook for 3′-4′. Add some salt and pepper and cook for another 1′. Remove from the stove and keep aside.
- Meanwhile the boiling time for the pasta is over. Taste the pasta and if ready drain well and add them to the pan with the garlic and olives.
- Mix well and serve with the grated cheese and..
- You can also add some spring onion or chili pepper !