This recipe was an inspiration from a man who wanted to make a statement for simple and tasty food; it doesn’t have to be necessarily good looking to be delicious. Since all ingredients match just put them all together in a bowl and go! Go, move on. Actually, when was the last time that you said to yourselves ‘Go, move on’, when was the last time that you took a brave decision? And what was that? How did it made you feel? What remained and what changed after that? My most recent brave decision was a while ago. When I decided to ‘get over myself’, again and again and for all the times that I will need to do it. It was when I decided to smile more, be direct and face the music, take life as it comes but don’t surrender for less than I deserve and keep cooking. Don’t fight life, just keep your eyes open, let it bring you what it is that will bring you; whatever comes is for the best.
- 150gr. black eyed beans
- 150gr. green salad
- 50gr. rice
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 beets
- 2 carrots
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- olive oil
- juice from half lemon
- black pepper
- Boil the beans and the rice separately and drain them.
- Chop the green salad, the spring onions, grate the carrots, cut the tomatoes and the raw beets in medium-small pieces and put them all in a bowl.
- Add the beans, rice, olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper and mix well…
- You can use red cabbage instead of the green salad or put 75r. of both.
- Even though this is a salad, it is a very full dish because of the beans protein and so you can enjoy it either as dinner with some fish or light lunch.