I consider dakos salad to be one good example that gives a straight view of my country’s cuisine philosophy: you need only a few simple, concrete parts to create something big.. like this humble yet enormously tasteful salad which combines 4 basic ingredients to a great result.
- 10 small Kretan wholegrain barley rusks
- 3 medium sized juicy tomatoes
- 100gr. Feta cheese
- 8 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. oregano
- black pepper
- In a salad bowl cut the rusks into small pieces (size of a hazelnut).
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces (similar to the rusk) directly into the bowl with the rusk. We want all the tomato juice we can!
- Add into the bowl also the feta cheese which you’ll break into small pieces with your hands.
- Add the olive, water, oregano, salt, pepper and mix all the ingredients well.
- Taste the salad and add if needed more olive oil, water, oregano, salt, pepper. The rusks should be easy to chew but not totally moist.