Fanouropita, a Greek vegan cake linked to Saint Fanourios fest, also known as a way to ask from the Saint help on finding something you lost, at least that’s what the tradition is. After lots of work, a lockdown and some more things that drove the attention and energy elsewhere, here is a new post. A lovely baking one, for a cake that is full of cinnamon and clove notes that will help you find all you are looking for!
- 500gr. flour
- 200gr. sunflower oil
- 8tbs. sugar
- 240gr. carbonated orange juice or natural orange juice with 1tsp. baking soda
- 32gr. baking powder
- 2tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2tsp. cloves
- 80gr. walnuts in big pieces
- 80gr. raisins soaked in 4tbsp. cognac or liqueur
- some sesam
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C and butter a medium sized baking form.
- Mix all dry ingredients and open a small whole in the mixture.
- Add in the whole all the rest ingredients and mix smoothly with a spatula.
- Add the mixture in the baking pan and sprinkle some sesame on top.
- Bake for 40-45′ and..
- You can also use either less sugar (6tbsp.) or even 140gr. dates paste instead of the whole sugar portion.
- Fanouropita is the greatest vegan dessert to offer to your friends!