it was about time for the first chocolate recipe.. I should admit, dark chocolate is a daily habit; seriously, it makes you think better! chocolate is beyond words actually, everyone agrees on that. well, almost everyone I guess.. I remember this birthday party some years ago, I was standing in front of the buffet next to another guest; two options for dessert, triple chocolate cake and apple pie tart. He picked apple pie. I said “are you serious?”, he said “I’m allergic in chocolate”… speechless..
- 280gr. flour
- 140gr. natural cacao powder
- 150gr. dark chocolate
- 300gr. sugar
- 100ml. sunflower oil
- 750ml. milk
- 2 1/2tsp. baking powder
- 1/2tsp. baking soda
- 1/2tsp. salt
- 2 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. You can use either a standard 12-cup muffin tin or use separate silicon muffin cups. In both cases place inside disposable paper cups.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, using a mixer, begin beating the eggs on medium-high speed. Slowly stream in the sugar while beating and continue to beat until the mixture is pale and thickened.
- Add the oil and beat well and then continue with the milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little and mix using a low scale in your mixer.
- Finally add the dark chocolate cut into pieces (size of a hazelnut) and mix well with a tablespoon.
- Using a spoon, put the chocolate mixture into the muffin cups and fill the 3/4 of each.
- Bake the muffins for 10′ at 190 degrees C and after that reduce to 175 degrees C and bake another 7′. The muffins will be really soft and moist even on the outside, be prepared for melting in your mouth and..
- This is not the usual muffin, it’s really soft and moist and for that reason it will last longer before it starts getting dry!
- You can ideally combined to vanilla ice cream! Just put the muffin in the freezer and at the same time take your ice cream out of the freezer. After 10′ the ice cream should be smoother so beat it a little bit and then take out of the freezer the muffin which should be harder. Cut the muffin into pieces, mix it with the ice cream and there you go!