As a kid I remember that there was always a treat in our house for ‘unexpected’ visitors. My mom used to say (she still does actually) “I will make ‘kormos’ , what if someone comes? Shouldn’t we have something to offer?” And there was never left any for no one else as my sister and I could eat the whole thing in an afternoon..
- 250gr. butter
- 250gr. soft butter biscuits or digestive ones
- 80gr. powder sugar
- 200gr. dark chocolate 78% cacao
- 150gr. cream milk
- 5tbsp. unsweetened cacao powder
- 5tbsp. cognac or another liqueur
- Lay a baking paper in your table and let it there ready to wrap your log.
- Break the biscuits with your hands in small pieces into a big bowl and keep it aside.
- Put the cream, powder sugar and dark chocolate in a small pan and warm it up in a bain-marie. When ready remove from the fire, add the cacao powder and whisk until you have a smooth chocolate syrup.
- After a while that the syrup is colder mix it up with the butter until you get one final chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle the biscuits with the cognac and mix them slightly.
- Add the chocolate mixture in the biscuits and mix well using your hand. Squeeze softly the biscuits so that the chocolate covers all but try not to totally break the biscuit in even smaller pieces.
- Put the chocolate mixture in the baking paper trying to make a line. Then wrap up and roll shortly so that you give the shape of a log.
- Close well the edges of the paper and put it in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- When ready cut into thick slices and..
- You can keep the log either in the fridge or the freezer if you want a more frozen version!
- You can add also 100gr. walnuts if you like, also broken in small pieces.
- In the hot summer days and nights you can serve also with ice-cream..! Delicious!
- Instead of a log you can use this recipe to make little tasty chocolate treats. Instead of wrapping the mixture into the paper to make a log you can make small balls which you can sprinkle with ground biscuit or coconut!
4 Comments Add yours
I remember my mom making this when we were kids,probably the easiest dessert and really delicious 🙂
That’s right! 🙂 It’s a great one!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Looks amazing ! The dessert of my childhood too 🙂 We call it ” Chocolate Salami ” 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes! I know of this name too!! 🙂