Omelette is just perfect! And you can make it even more exotic if you add some turmeric in. Inspiration came when I was left with some egg whites because the yolks were added alone in a cake.. So I thought, I should make an omelette so that the white don’t go to waste. But then, an omelette with no color.. how interesting can that be? By the way don’t ever eat anything which is not interesting enough! So there it comes: Why not use some turmeric in it, which is delicious, has bright color and it is healthy as well? And that was the start of a lovely ‘kitchen habit’..
- whites of 3 eggs or 2 whole eggs
- 1 red pepper
- 5 sun dried tomatoes cut in half
- 3 spring onions
- 2/3tsp. turmeric powder
- salt and black pepper
- 2tbsp. for the frying
- Was the pepper and onions and cut them in slices.
- Warm the olive oil in a pan in medium temperature and place the cut vegetables so that they cover the bottom of the pan nicely without leaving empty spaces between them. Slightly salt.
- In the meantime, break the eggs or whites in a bowl and mix slightly with a fork just for a few seconds. Add the turmeric, salt and pepper and mix again just a little bit.
- Pour the egg mixture above the frying vegetables making sure that the mixture covers all of them.
- Add immediately the dried tomatoes and push a little with your hand so that they stick into the omelette.
- Fry in medium – low temperature in order to fully bake your omelette to the top. It will take 12′-15′.
- Use a spatula to turn upside down the omelette and fry only a few seconds more! Ready to serve and..
Eat it while it is still warm! However, if for some reason you don;t manage to eat it all at once, keep the rest in the fridge and make a nice sandwich with it the next day!