There are so many Christmas recipes, the list has no end. If you want to have a little break and you love Greek food (and especially Crete, yes!) then you should make the pasta with rabbit legs and dry mizithra. This is a ‘hug’ recipe. It looks a simple way to put together ingredients but its taste will move you to some older times, when you were a child and came back from school and the whole house would smell of whatever delicious your mom used to make. A ‘hug’.
serves 2 | 1 h
- 2 rabbit legs
- 1,5 onion cut in thick slices
- 2tbsp. olive oil
- 400gr. water
- 250gr. pasta (preferably linguine)
- juice from 1 lemon
- black pepper
- 4tbsp. grated dry mizithra
- We add the olive oil in a pot and warm it up in high temperature. We add the meat and let it get a nice color from both sides.
- We add the onions in the pot as well and let them cook for 2′ to get softer. We add, then the lemon juice, salt and pepper and the 400gr. of water. We cover the pot and cook for 45′.
- Meanwhile and only before the 45′ are up, we start preparing the pasta. We want them half cooked (as we would normally make pasta). We will finalize them directly in the pot where the meat is. If there is not enough water in the pot of the meat for the pasta to be cooked then we can add some of the water where we have initially baked them.
- We serve with the grated mizithra.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
- There is no tip here. Just make this recipe, it’s absolutely lovely the way it is!