I know that nowadays people take good care of their nutrition avoiding junk food amongst other potato chips. the thing is you shouldn’t avoid them but find a way to eat the healthy version of them, where possible. with the home made potato chips you’ll get so enthusiastic by the taste and the compliments from your family and friends that you might even not bother eat the regular anymore!
- 1kg. potatoes
- 20ml. olive oil
- 1tbsp. dry oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- a few drops of lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven in 210 degrees C. You should have a nice hot oven before start baking.
- Lay a baking paper in a big pan 35x45cm.
- Peel and wash with water the potatoes and cut them in circle pieces 3mm thick.
- Place the potatoes in the pan and melt in them the garlic cloves.
- Add the olive oil, oregano, some drops of lemon juice, salt and a little black pepper and mix them with a spoon.
- Then spread them nicely so that they do not cover or touch each other so much, in order to easily lose humidity and become as crispy as possible. If you think you cut too many bake half of them first and then the rest.
- Bake for 15′-18′ minutes depending on your oven. In general when you see that they’re getting the nice brown color it means they’re ready. The oven should be hot enough in order for the potatoes not to ‘boil’ and lose water but to capture all the taste inside!
- Add some extra oregano if you like and..
- You can serve the potato chips with meat or fish or you can enjoy them the way you would do with the ones you buy; watching your favorite delicious movie with your loved ones!