pizza.. I love it! and I know you do too. And I know that your sister / friends / boyfriend / girlfriend / wife / husband / parents / grandparents / neighbors / boss / cleaning lady / post man / annoying colleague / pet / … / people of any age / sex / nationality / religion whoever! try and make it yourself, it’s easy, it doesn’t have to be round, you can put any topping you wish… do things that make you happy; make some pizza!
for the dough (for 3 pizzas)
- 500gr. flour
- 8gr. dry yeast
- 300ml. lukewarm water
- 3tbsp. olive oil
- 1tsp. salt
for the topping (for 1 pizza)
- 4-5 tbsp. red sauce
- 200gr. soft easy to melt cheese
- 4-5 slices of ham (what you prefer)
- 5 big mushrooms
- 1 medium red paprika
- 1tbsp. oregano
- black pepper
Prepare the dough
- In a big bowl mix the yeast and the water until the yeast melts completely
- Add a pinch of sugar and stir a little bit.
- Start adding the flour little by little and mix with your hand or a dough mixer.
- After adding half of the flour, add the salt and the olive oil.
- Continue adding the rest of the flour little by little while kneading the dough. You should have a soft dough that doesn’t stick to your hands. That means that you could you need a little more or less flour, trust your senses!
- When the dough is ready, cover the bowl with a clean towel and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Afterwards, split the dough in 3 balls and using a baking paper as work surface, open them in round pizzas. They should be 5-6mm thick. Let the dough rest another 15′.
- If you don’t want to prepare all 3 pizzas at the same time you can keep the dough in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer up to a month.
- Preheat your oven in 220 degrees C keep your baking pan in the oven so that it gets warmed up as well!
- Wash the mushrooms and paprika, cut them in slices 2mm thick and keep them aside.
- Spread the sauce in the pizza dough using a table spoon. Sprinkle a pinch of salt, pepper and the oregano.
- Lay the ham slices, then the mushrooms, paprika and sprinkle some salt/pepper/oregano one more time.
- Finally add the cheese.
- Take out from the oven the hot pan and move the pizza in the pan lifting it from the edges of the baking paper.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake your pizza for 12′-15′ depending on your oven.
- The idea is to have a really hot oven so that you get quickly a crispy but soft within dough! Gather some friends and..
- Of course you can use whatever topping you like!
- Pay attention to the temperature of your oven; if your oven is not really ‘strong’ then maybe you have to preheat and bake at 220-230 degrees.