Sometimes seeing something beautiful, makes us think that the person who made it is a high class artist/specialist/chef. And we feel amazed and think that “He is a specialist, that’s why. I couldn’t do that.” Well, think again. Was this person always a specialist? No. He had to start somehow. He had to try various things until sometime something worked out for him. He had to believe in himself. He had to forget what others think of him. He probably made lots of unsuccessful efforts and lots of mistakes. And he probably still tries to figure out lots of things while you think he is a high class specialist. Don’t think, just start somehow.. (and how does leek fit in here? Well, leek fits everywhere!!)
- 4 leeks
- 40gr. wild rice (or just normal)
- 6 sun dried tomatoes cut in small pieces
- 40ml. olive oil
- 1 big onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2gr. saffron Krokos Kozanis
- black pepper
- 5tbsp. warm water
- some grated Grana Padano or parmesan
- Cut in thin slices the leeks, the onion and the garlic cloves.
- Warm up in a pan the olive oil (high temperature), add the cut vegetables and rice and mix slightly.
- Saffron, salt and pepper and finally the warm water and mix again.
- Low the temperature, cover the pan and bake for 30′-35′.
- When the time is up, add the chopped sun dried tomatoes bake for another 3′-4′ and serve warm with some grated Grana padano and..
- You can replace water with white wine for extra taste and aroma.
- You can add some mushrooms as well.. beauty all over!