Marble cake is what you make when you: want to please yourself and others, need some comfort food, need a nice smell for your home, want to empty your head of thoughts and cool down, want a treat for your guests, want a good looking cake lying around your kitchen, want to have a proper all inclusive friends coffee talk, want to enjoy your favorite movie or any movie, want to give food to your kids at school, want breakfast for work, want to go for a picnic, want to have some delicious food for a road trip/boat trip/plan trip/bike trip… when you don’t need any particular reason and just say ‘I will make a cake.’
- 6 eggs
- 450gr. sugar
- 250gr. sunflower oil
- 250gr. fresh orange juice
- 550gr. all purpose flour
- 16gr. baking powder
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- skin of one orange
- 3tbsp. unsweetened cacao powder
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C and oil a round cake pan or a 30x20cm deep baking pan.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar using a mixer for about 7′ so that you get a nice white smooth mixture.
- Add the oil, the orange skin and orange juice and continue beating.
- Keep beating and add the flour little by little and the baking powder.
- In the end add the vanilla extract and mix some seconds more.
- Move the 3/4 of the mixture in the pan. In the bowl with the rest of the mixture add the cacao powder and make the cacao part of the cake.
- Pour the cacao mixture in the vanilla one randomly and if you want you can use a knife to slightly mix the two parts in the pans (cacao & vanilla parts).
- Bake for 45′ and..
- You can add extra black chocolate drops or even some powder sugar on top to give the cake a festive look!