Thinking about what to post next, lying in the bed of a hotel as I’ve been traveling for work past few days, I found the photos of these cookies in my desktop waiting there since last summer.. It was a beautiful sunny Saturday morning in my still new house at that time, and since in Netherlands sun isn’t always a fact during summer, I thought ‘There you go, time for some butter sent in the house and nice photo shots!’ Just realized it’s been almost 6 months since then.. time flies right? Take some cookies or whatever you love along the way..!
- 250gr. lurpak butter in room temperature
- 100gr. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250gr. all purpose flour
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- some of your favorite jam for the filling
- Beat the butter and sugar with a mixer until you get a ‘white’ smooth mixture.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and salt and beat another 3′-4′.
- After that you add the flour little by little and continue beating with the mixer. In the end you will get a nice dough.
- Squeeze the dough in kitchen film so that it gets a bit ‘flat’ and keep in the fridge for 2 hours so that the butter gets as cold as possible.
- Preheat your over at 160 degrees C.
- Take the dough out of the fridges, cut half of it and put the rest again back to the fridge.
- Using a rolling pin make the dough as thick as you like. Keep in mind that it will rise a little bit during baking.
- When your dough is ready and open use a round (or other shape) cookie mold to create your cookies! Create same number of ‘top’ and ‘bottom’ cookies in order to create the final jam filled cookie. For the ‘top’ part of the cookie you can use a smaller cookie mold to create the whole in the middle or even a knife or any other kitchen tool you might think is more handy.
- Bake in a pan using baking paper for about 8′ or until they get a little brown (depending on your oven).
- When ready, let them cool down, fill them with your favorite jam and..
- Instead of jam you can use chocolate paste, peanut butter or even enjoy them simply like that with no filling at all!