What happens when you’ve made your lovely hummus and you’ve enjoyed it spread in fresh slice of bread or arabic bread or in grilled vegetables sandwich? There are still more ways to go.. yep! Get these long ziti pasta and make a unique hummus pasta. It’s a great way to make an easy and yet impressive dish and at the same time make sure you don’t waste any left over hummus.. (even though left over hummus it’s a rather rare situation)
- 250gr. long ziti pasta
- 150gr. hummus
- 220gr. tomato cut in small cubes
- 6tbsp. olive oil
- 60gr. water
- 1 small onion cut in thin slices
- black pepper
- 1/2tsp. sugar
- 1/2tsp. cumin
- 2-3tbsp. minced parsley
- Boil pasta in salted water according to instructions of package
- Warm up the olive oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic and tomato and cook for a while in high temperature.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin and sugar and lower the temperature.
- Dilute hummus in water and add in the pan. Mix well for 2′-3′ and turn off the stove.
- Your paste should be ready by then. Drain well and add directly in the pan with the sauce.
- Mix well and serve with chopped parsley..
- You can add in the sauce some smoked paprika or if you like more spicy food some cayenne pepper.
- If also you would like to give some more tension in taste you can replace 1/3 of the fresh tomato with sun dried tomato.