There is some magic in your kitchen. It’s chick peas.. It’s so wonderful how many healthy dishes you can make with them! And hummus is just one of them. Last weekend I cooked a lot (well that’s no news for me actually). But what I did was 3 different recipes with chick peas. Starting with hummus, this delicious puree or spread or sauce ingredient… Here is the recipe, already able to eat it in more than one versions.
Since your chick peas are already boiled, you’ll only need 10′ of preparation. Otherwise you need to soak chick peas the previous night in a lot of water and 1tsp. baking soda. Next day you’ll need to boil them for 35′-45′ in slightly salted water.
For the hummus
- 300gr. boiled chick peas
- 75gr. tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50gr. olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1tbsp. cumin
- 2-3tbsp. lukewarm water (depending on the thickness you want to achieve)
- black pepper
- 2-3tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1/2 onion cut in small cubes
- 1/2tsp. sweet smoked paprika
- extra olive oil
- extra lemon juice
- Put in the blender all ingredients apart from the water and make a nice puree.
- Add the water gradually until you reach the thickness you like. You should have in the end a mixture thin enough to spread it in a slice of bread but not so thin as to be leaking.
- Serve with the way you like the most (minced parsley, onion, smoked paprika..) and..
- There actually numerous ways to serve hummus. Some really good ones are caramelized onions or baked eggplants and peppers
- A glass of ouzo or raki is a great combination (Greek spirit speaking !)
- You can serve it also like a meze with some barley rusks, minced tomato, olive oil, cumin and lemon juice!