In Greece we eat frequently those white giant beans. They have such a full flavor, they are nutritious and healthy, I love them. They remind me of my grandparents Kleopatra and Zissis. I cannot really tell you why, I think I cannot write this but let’s say that it’s one of my best childhood memories with them. They need a little bit of before night soaking but other than that they easy to make and can be eaten warm or cold.
- 200gr. giant beans Arosis
- 500gr. red sauce
- 3 carrots in thick slices
- 2tbsp. minced parsley
- 6 sun dried tomatoes cut in pieces
- 1 onion in slices
- 2 garlic cloves in slices
- 40gr. olive oil
- 2 laurel leaves
- a touch of oregano
- Soak the beans in lots of water for a whole night before cooking.
- Boil the beans in plain water until they get soft but not lose their shape.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- When the beans are ready we put them in a pan adding only a little of the boiling water (4-5tbsp.). We put in the pan the rest of the ingredients of the recipe and we mix well.
- Bake for about 40′ until your beans get crispy on top (or less if you want them soft) and..
- Grandma and grandpa didn’t use sun dried tomato but they used to bake the giant beans in a wooden oven.. Memories!