This apple – cinnamon cake is a small paradise! Simple ingredients that create small velvet bites. It’s one of those cakes that one piece is never enough.. And when the second piece is over you use your finger to eat all the crumbs from your plate (or you get a third one and get the crumbs after that!) It’s one of those cakes that you eat happily and avidly even though there is no chocolate in there..
- 200gr. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200gr. sunflower oil
- 450gr. sifted flour
- 20gr. baking powder
- 5 red apples
- 1tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3tsp. clove
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees C and oil a round pan 28cm or a 30x20cm one.
- Take of the skin and hard inside parts of the apples and cut them in 4 big pieces. Then slice each piece in a way to get ‘short’ small slices and not ‘long’ ones.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and clove on top of the apple slices, mix well and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar for about 4′-5′ until they get ‘white’/
- Keep your mixer on and add the sunflower oil and after that the sifted flour which you have already mixed with the baking powder.
- When you have a nice mixture add the apple slices and mix together using only a spoon.
- Put the batter in the pan and bake for 40′-45′ depending on your oven until your cake gets a nice brown color..
- Now that the summer is coming you can enjoy this cake with a vanilla ice cream ball..!