Weather is getting better here in Netherlands so I’ve picked up again my beautiful, long bicycle rides! Coming back home yesterday from a bike trip, full of sun and summer smells, I dreamt of a fresh, cold lemonade! I stopped in the grocery store close to my home, the one that this polite Lebanese sir owns, to get some juicy lemons. Fruit and vegetables there, are somehow closer to what I was used to in Greece and I can find also other ‘homy’ products as baklava phyllo, tahini, pastitsio pasta..
- 300gr. fresh lemon juice (8 lemons)
- 300gr. water
- 1tbsp. honey
- some spearmint leaves
- some ice
- Melt the honey in the water and mix with the lemon juice.
- Add the spearmint leaves and ice and..
- You can keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days
- Keep the squeezed lemons and use them to marinate your fish or to make a delicious lemon cake.. I’ll be back with the recipe!