Whenever you take a flight to Greece. When you smile and don’t anticipate more. When you smell the flowers walking down the street. When the fresh air hits your face in the early mornings. When you buy fish, fruit and vegetables from the Saturday market. When you cut figs from the trees. When a cat ‘purrs’ in your lap. When you create a new recipe. When your work excites you. When your friends message you to know if you reached home safe. When you realize that you have no control in life. When you realize that you have a choice in life. When you realize you might never know exactly what you want and it doesn’t matter because that means that you constantly evolve. When you know that everything you do will never last forever but it’s another step of the way, another piece of your story. When you realize that you love someone and that you have been loved.
- 120gr. black beans
- 120gr. black-eyed beans
- 120gr. lentils
- 2 onions in thick slices
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in small pieces
- 100gr. chopped parsley
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- 60ml. olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- Boil the black beans, black-eyed beans and lentils for approximately 25′-30′ in separate pots in slightly salted water(they all need slightly different boiling time, plus the black beans will color the rest if put together)
- Drain them well and put them in a big bowl.
- Add the onion in thick slices, the pieces of sun-dried tomatoes, the chopped parsley, lemon, salt, pepper and olive oil and mix well.
- You can either keep the salad in the fridge for some time to enjoy it cold or simply start eating!
- You can add also tomato cut in cubes or coriander if you like it more than parsley!