This summer in the Netherlands is a true one. Those who have been living here the previous ones they understand what I am talking about. Sun, warmth, blue sky, warmth, blue sky, sun, sun, sun.. And together with all this you simply get: relaxed mood, more smiling faces, nice light summer clothes, cocktails in the canals, cocktails in the boats, quick refreshing showers without caring if you have enough time to dry your hair before you leave the house, the crickets that you where wondering if they ever lived in this country (now you know they do and appear under certain occasions), the people that walk around with their flip flops and their red sunburnt noses and then you feel that you are the local one and the rest are tourists in their own country! For the cake: share responsibly as this is a very personal recipe and those that are going to eat it need to appreciate, respect and seek freedom (you’ll know what I mean).
- 200gr. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250gr lurpak butter
- 450gr. sifted flour
- 20gr. baking powder
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 melted ripe bananas
- 1tsp. cinnamon
- 2tbsp. unsweetened cacao powder
- 200gr. melted dark chocolate 78%
- 100gr. dark chocolate 78% in pieces
- Preheat your over at 180 degrees C and butter a cake bundt adding some cacao instead of flour.
- Smash the bananas with a fork, add the cacao and cinnamon and mix well.
- Put the 200gr. of dark chocolate together with he butter in a small sauce pan and melt them in very low temperature.
- Beat the eggs and sugar using your mixer till they get ‘white’ (4′-5′).
- Keeping beating and add the banana mixture and then the chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour in portions (which you have mixed with the baking powder and vanilla) and mix well.
- Finally add the 100gr. of chocolate in pieces and mix using a big spoon.
- Pure the mixture in the bundt and bake for 40′-45′ depending on your oven and..
- Let the cake cool down for a bit so that you can enjoy all the flavors.
- Add some ice cream, it fits well during summer!