I made these cookies for the first time 6 years ago. It was part of a Christmas gift I was preparing for my friends. I was a little skeptical to be honest. You know how most people don’t like raisins in their sweets/desserts? Raisins cookies? Why? Well, why not?These cookies were such a big success that my friends and their moms asked for the recipe. You know when a mom asks for a recipe then this is huge!
- 225gr. lurpak butter
- 90gr. sifted powder sugar
- 2tbsp. olive oil
- 440gr. sifted all purspose flour
- 16gr. baking powder
- 2tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1tbsp. cinnamon
- 1tsp. clove
- 150gr. raisins cut in small pieces
- 8tbsp. cognac or black rum
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Put the cut raisins and cognac in a bowl and mix well.
- Beat the butter and sugar well for about 6′-7′. Add the olive oil, raisins (together with all the cognac), vanilla, cinnamon, clove and mix.
- Add the flour and baking powder in small portions mixing with your hands. It might take some more flour (depending on the one you will use). You need to have a really soft batter in the end, almost not sticking to your hands.
- Form whatever shape of cookies you want, as the batter is soft it will be a bit tricky to make those shapes but the result will be awesome..
- Based on how thick your cookies are you need to adjust the baking time. For thick cookies bake around 15′ and for thin and crispy ones bake around 6′-7’…
- This simple base batter can be used for cookies with other flavor: add chocolate chips, roasted nuts or some more vanilla extract for neutral buttery ones..!