This summer in Netherlands is beyond all expectations. Everyone admits. It’s not the sunny days that make the difference, it’s the fact that they last and they come the one after the other for a long time. “Like Greece right?” my colleagues tell me at work. I smile at them, not having the right words to explain. How can you explain home? And then where is ‘home’ really? Tough question, different answers from each one of us. For me, ‘home’ is partially built from memories, most of them tied to food recipes..
- 250gr. squid reels
- 150gr. white & wild rice
- 10gr. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 0,5gr. Greek Saffron
- 20gr. white wine
- 30gr. squid broth
- black pepper
- Cook the squid in slightly salted boiling water for 4′, remove from the water and set aside. Keep some of the booth for the rice.
- Pre-boil the rice in salted water until it gets half cooked. Drain well and keep aside.
- Pre heat a pan and add the olive oil. Cut the onion and garlics in fine slices and add them in the pan.
- After 1′-2′ add the rice, saffron, some salt and mix well.
- Add the wine and squid broth. Put the temperature in a low level and cover the pan.
- 2′-3′ before the rice is ready add in the pan also the squid and cook ready.
- Serve with some black pepper and..
- Instead of white wine you can add Ouzo.
- Enjoy with some garlic bread and a juicy tomato salad!