When I was younger, I was claiming winter to be my favorite season. When I started cooking more often and came closer to knowing a lot of ingredients (and for a lot other reasons), I realized that all seasons are unique. As a big fan of fresh fruits and vegetables though, I now have a special connection with Spring and Summer. That’s when small, tender zucchinis wait for you to make a beautiful salad with them.
- 5 small zucchinis
- 4tbsp. olive oil
- 2tsp. capers
- some lemon juice
- 2/3tsp. dry oregano
- black pepper
- Wash the zucchinis well, cut their edges and scratch their surface slightly with a knife so that the upper layer is removed but the green part is still there.
- Boil them for 13′-15′ in water.
- Drain well and let them cool down a little bit.
- Cut them in thick slices and serve with the capers, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and some pepper.
- You can keep the salad in a closed bowl in the fridge for 2-3 days and enjoy it fresh in a warm summer day!