There is a saying in Greek about facing a dead-end. About a time that comes when you feel you cannot move to anywhere, everything seems difficult or scary, a time when it seems that you have no choice, no option to move on. In reality there is only a voice. A voice in you saying that ‘you can’t’, ‘it’s impossible’, ‘there is no way’. You should know what I mean. You should know this voice by now, you should be friends with it. You should smile when you hear it. Take your time. Try and then try again. Step by step, little by little, clear your mind, don’t get distracted. Go back to you, search in you. All you need to move on is there, inside you. (Chicken with lemon sauce is a good partner in tough times like this 🙂 )
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 leek
- 1 big onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 potatoes
- juice of one lemon and the lemon itself
- juice of one orange
- 5tsp. mustard
- 2tsp. red sweet pepper
- 1tbsp. thyme
- black pepper
- a little bit of olive oil
- Preheat your over at 180 degrees C.
- Wash the chicken with plenty of water and put it in a big pan.
- Cut the potatoes and sweet potatoes in big cubes and spread them around the chicken.
- Cut the onion and garlic in big pieces. Put them also around the chicken. Add the pealed garlics without cutting them in the pan too.
- Add the juices of lemon and oranges on top of the chicken and potatoes and some of it inside the chicken.
- Add all the spices and the mustard too. Mix well with your hands so that all flavors are blended and make a ‘massage’ to the chicken with the juices and spices of the mixture. Don’t forget to massage within the chicken too!
- Put the lemon you took the juice from in the chicken while baking. Before you put in the oven add some olive oil to both chicken and potatoes.
- Bake for 40′ and then turn the chicken from the other side and bake for another 50′
- When ready you will notice that there is a lot of broth from the chicken and vegetables. Put in a blender the lemon you ‘hided’ inside the chicken, most of the broth and most of the onions, leek, garlic and a couple of potatoes. Mix well and then drain in order to keep only the sauce and not the lemon pieces. You will get a beautiful sauce for your chicken..
- There is no tip here, just use your hands to eat this chicken, you’ll enjoy it more!