I say, don’t fight. Don’t fight. Not the ordinary way at least. Get the punch. Take it. It’s yours. Take it all. You can and you should. It’s only then when you realize that you can handle way more than this punch. It’s only then when the blue sky comes. Laugh when your eyes are full of tears. Laugh at yourself. Sing out loud. Dance. Close your eyes so that you see. So that you see the blue sky. There is no punch, there is only the blue sky. There is only the blue sky and love.- This is for you, for yourself, for whatever keeps your heart warm and your sky blue.
for the meatballs
- 350gr. minced beef
- 1 minced onion
- 3tbsp. rice
- 2tbsp. minced parsley
- 1tbsp. minced spearmint
- 1tbsp. olive oil
- 1 egg
for the soup
- 50gr. rice
- 500ml. vegetable/meat stock or simply water
- 1lt. water
- olive oil
for the egg-lemon sauce
1 1/2 lemons
- In a big bowl put the minced meat, egg, minced parsley, minced spearmint, minced onion, rice, olive oil, salt, pepper and knead with your hands for a couple of minutes. Make small meatballs (you will get 8-9 of them) and set aside.
- Put the stock and water (or if there is not stock simply the water) in a pot and let it boil. Add the meatballs carefully in the pot and cook for 10′.
- Add the rice, salt, pepper and olive oil and cook for another 25′ in high temperature without covering the pot.
- Get the soup off the stove and let it cool off a little bit for 20′.
- Meanwhile prepare the egg-lemon sauce. Beat the whites in a ball with a fork until they get twice their size, add the yolks and continue beating. Add the lemon juice slowly and in the end a cup of the warm soup we have in the pot (without any of the meat just the broth) in 3-4 parts, slowly so that the eggs are not ‘cooked’. Pour the sauce in the pot and move the the pot with circular moves so that you get a smooth mixture.
- Serve with extra lemon juice and black pepper depending on taste and..
- You can serve also with a table spoon of Greek yogurt!