‘What about love? Where did it go? It’s just over?’ When I had all these questions some years ago, nobody could really give me answer. At least not one that I could accept at the moment. It’s when pain, anger and finally fear takes you over. And what you are afraid of is if somebody never loved you or never loved you enough. Days, weeks, months go by that you keep asking for an answer, that you keep asking ‘why’ ? Why did the other person took love away. Why love is over. Time goes by, life goes on and constantly changes. You change too and there comes the day that the answers that you were once looking for are presented to you. Just like that. Once love is created, once it really exists then it’s never over. It doesn’t go away. And that’s your love, your own love. It’s there in our heart the whole time, where it was right from the start.
- 200gr. lurpak butter
- 200gr. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 340gr. flour
- 100gr. roasted hazelnuts
- 60gr. espresso coffee
- 50gr. cognac or bitter almond liquor
- 100gr. dark chocolate 78%
- 5gr. baking powder
- 1/2tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 170 degrees C and oil a 24cm. round baking pan.
- Put the hazelnuts in the blender and cut them in very small pieces.
- In a big bowl beat the butter and sugar for 5′ until they get ‘white’ and then add the eggs one by one.
- Add the liquor/cognac, coffee and mix well.
- Add the flour little by little as well as the baking powder, vanilla extract and continue beating.
- Put the hazelnut pieces and in the end the pieces of chocolate and mix well.
- Put the mixture in the pan and bake for 45′-50′ until it gets a nice brown color. When time is up, switch off the oven and leave the cake there for another 5′.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool down a bit for 10′.
- Sprinkle with some cacao powder and hazelnuts before serving and..
- You can also serve the cake with a chocolate ganache and make it a bit more festive!