Once upon a time there was a date. A humble, simple date with a bit of weird shape, dark color and a seed in the middle, for sure not saying much compared to a piece of chocolate. However, as years go by there is a time that you appreciate and search for fresh, simple, pure, non processed things in life. That’s when dates come back.. And yes, there was a time that you thought that a piece of chocolate is fancier that a date, or that dates are only for grown ups and elderly people. Perhaps you’re old enough now to know that dates are great no matter your age!
- 20 dates without the skin and seeds
- 140gr. almonds or walnuts smashed in powder
- 2tsp. bitter almond liquor
- 4-5tbsp. cacao powder
- Put the dates in a bowl (after you have removed the seed and skin).
- Put the almonds (or walnuts) in a blender and cut them until you get a thin powder. Add the powder in the bowl with the dates.
- Add the liquor in the bowl and mix with your hands so that you get a smooth mixture. If you batter is too moist you can add some more almond powder.
- Make small balls with your hands in the size of a walnut and let them rest in the freezer for 10′.
- Roll the fondants in the cacao powder so that they are nicely covered all over and …
- If you want to give them also to your kids you can replace liquor for orange juice!
- You can also add cacao inside the fondants by adding 1tbsp. cacao while mixing.
- If you like nuts in big pieces in the desserts then you can add in the existing recipe 2tbsp. of almonds in bigger pieces.