That’s what happens when it’s been a while since the last time that you really partied. You spend almost all of the next time sleeping, eating and then going back to bed again. The 27th of April is Koningsdag, the biggest celebration in the Netherlands. Dutch are all out in the streets and parks selling second hand things or whatever else they want, they dance, they drink beer and they have lots of fun! As orange is their national color everything has to have an orange touch, if not be orange all the way. I made a quick snack before my way out yesterday putting my orange touch to my Feta too!
For the Feta
- 200gr. Feta cheese in sticks
- 200gr. sesame
- 1 egg
- some flour
- 2-3tbsp. olive oil for frying
For the sirup
- 3tbsp. quince chutney
- 3tbsp. water
- 4-5 threads of Krokos Kozanis saffron
- Put the olive oil in a pan in medium temperature.
- Flour and egg wash the Feta sticks and then cover them with sesame.
- Fry them for 3′-4′ from all sides.
- Meanwhile add the chutney, water and saffron in a sauce pan and shimmer for 5′.
- Serve the Feta sticks with the quince chutney and..
- You can serve alternatively simply with honey or with some lemon juice if you want a less sweet version!