Lately we are becoming full of sweet little foxes (in Greek this metaphor is used for sweet, smart, lovely people). They are coming from everywhere, they look like little aliens at first, they cannot even hold their head up straight, they look you slowly straight in the eyes scanning your face and reactions (who knows what they think). And you look at them thinking how complicated your life has become when things are always only simple. As what we all truly need is a heart, full of cinnamon.
(almost 60 pieces)
- 70gr. butter
- 120gr. sugar
- 400gr. flour
- 2 eggs
- 2tsp. baking powder
- 1tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/3tsp. cloves
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
Extra sugar for the topping.
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees C.
- Beat the butter with sugar for 10′, until the get whitish.
- Add the whites of the eggs in the mixture and then the yolks, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Continue with the flour.
- The dough should not stick in your hands. Wrap it in foil and let it rest in the fridge for 10′.
- Take small pieces of the dough and open it in a ‘phyllo’ 1,5cm think and make cookies from whatever saw[e you like. Sprinkle the cookies with some sugar and bake in parchment paper for 10′ (depending on your oven).
- You can make up to 3cm thick for a different cookie experience. Let them bake for at least 20′ in that case.