Beets, olive oil, salt – salad! Cacao, sugar, flour, eggs – dessert! Logic and thinking are usually necessary for progress and success. Or not? What if you start using your senses more? What if you start trusting your feelings more? What if it makes sense something that isn’t logical? What if you start doing more and thinking less? What if you try? And fail, and try again? What if you mix beets, olive oil, salt, cacao, sugar, flour, eggs altogether? Does it makes sense? Not really. It does though feel good when you eat the cacao cake. And that’s all that matters.
- 250gr. boiled beets
- 200gr. flour
- 4 eggs
- 75gr. cacao powder
- 200gr. olive oil
- 150gr. coconut sugar (or raw sugar)
- 2tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2tsp. cloves
- a pinch of salt
- vanilla extract
- Preheat your over to 180 degrees C.
- In your blender you make a puree out of the beets and sugar.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and add the olive oil. Mix with an egg whisk smoothly.
- Add the spices, vanilla and eggs and continue mixing with the whisk.
- Add the flour, baking and cacao powder and mix with a spatula.
- Put the mixture in a baking pan and bake for 50′ depending on your oven.
- Serve with some cacao powder and..
- Serve with some vanilla ice-cream !
- You can replace the olive oil with 200gr. butter if you wish.