Today is ‘Tsiknopempti’ and that for Greek people basically means one thing: eating (grilled) meat. Lots and lots of it! And dancing, and drinking, and having fun! It’s celebrated within the 2nd week of Carnival and it’s just a few days before a 40-days fasting before Easter. Due to bad time management (spent too much time at work.. won’t do it again!) I couldn’t prepare a ‘meat meal’ for me. So I’m relaxing here with some pesto pasta and shrimps, capers, sun dried tomatoes, not so bad actually.. Photos are ‘borrowed’ from Vassili’s birthday party. Have fun guys!
- 400gr. pasta
- 300gr. basil pesto
- 400gr. shrimps
- 8 sun dried tomatoes, cut in pieces
- 80gr. capers
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4tbsp. olive oil
- 3tbsp. milk cream (if you like)
- black pepper
- 50gr. grated parmesan
- Boil the pasta according to the suggested time on the package and drain. Use some olive oil while you keep them in the strainer so that they don’t get stuck to each other.
- Mash the onion and garlics in your blender until they turn into a purée.
- Warm up a pot (or a wok) in medium-high temperature, add the olive oil and the mashed onion/garlics purée.
- Add the shrimps and cook only for 3′.
- Add the pesto, cream, sun dried tomatoes, capers and mix well for 1′-2′.
- Remove from the stove, add on top the grated parmesan and..
- Be careful with the shrimps! They’re really delicate and don;t require a lot of cooking in order to keep them juice and soft!
- If you are a ‘meat lover’ try the recipe with bites of chicken !