Times are challenging. And that is fine, we’ll manage. In the last 3 years things have been changing constantly in my life. As soon as I managed to learn a new situation, it was suddenly over (or not) and I needed to adjust again. Time helps with that. As I grow older this is what I recognize in different occasions. Time. Time is what it is all about. There is no such thing as fast growing, fast success. And if it seems that there is (especially in our times) then it’s not coming through a natural process which means that the result would not be a good thing for you (in most of the cases). There is a smart time usage agreed, and this is when experience pops in. And guess what, experience takes also time to be generated 🙂 I hope I didn’t confused you with all this, that wasn’t the point. A good way to train yourself in understanding the importance of time in life is what else, cooking. And especially bread making and baking. That will take some time but when it’s done you will understand what needs to be understood about Time and you would potentially start investing it in what really matters. And that is in what makes you happy.
- 500gr. strong flour
- 10gr. salt
- 7,5gr. yeast (powder)
- 325gr. cold water
A little bit more flour for kneading.
- Put the flour and salt in a big bowl and mix well.
- Add the yeast and water and knead very well for about 10′.
- Let the dough rest for 45′.
- Then knead again for 2′-3′ and shape up your future loaf using some flour.
- Place the shaped dough in a clean kitchen towel and cover gently. Let it rest for another 30′ until it rises. Meanwhile preheat your oven at 200-220 degrees C and put in the bottom of the oven a small pan with water so that there is humidity while baking.
- When the dough is ready use a sharp knife to make some cut on the upper side and give a nice look when the loaf is ready.
- Move the dough in a pan and bake for 40′-45′ depending on how strong your oven is and until it gets a nice brown color.
- Take the bread out of the oven and let it rest before you serve..
- You can use a lot of different types of breads, white, brown, add seeds or olives in it! Use your imagination!